Continuing Projects

Many researchers wish to continue to their work at UNDERC after their first year. In order to be eligible to do so, the following must be completed prior to the start of the field season. For more information, please visit the Policies section for the latest rules and regulations.

  1. Annual Reports for previously approved UNDERC projects must be turned in by March 1 each year. 
  2. Any changes to the research project must be reported on a new Application to Conduct Research/Modify Existing Research form by March 1 as well.
  3. Annual reports for all animal use protocols must be approved by the Notre Dame Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The IACUC meets monthly, and require 10 business days for review. Learn more on Notre Dame Research's Animal Research Compliance page.
  4. Request for isotope use must be submitted and approved by the Radiation Control Committee annually. Learn more about radiation safety.
  5. Housing requests need to be submitted to by March 15, including the number of males and females who will require housing. Researchers are billed for housing deposits once requests have been processed.
  6. Lab space requests should be updated by emailing, if necessary.